Mission & Activities
KUSCO Vision, Mission, and Goals
The vision of KUSCO is "Advancement of the S&T collaborations between Korea and the U.S."
To realize its vision, KUSCO pursues the mission of becoming a premium center for S&T cooperation and Exchanges by pursuing three goals as follows:
- To strengthen S&T cooperation portfolio between Korea and the U.S.
- To broaden global exchange programs
- To support and leverage Korean-American scientists and engineers.
KUSCO enhances cooperative efforts in science and technology between Korea and the United States and supports mutual cooperation and joint programs between two nations and examine S&T issues related to bilateral U.S.-Korea relationships as well. The center also seeks to assist Korean-American scientists, engineers and young students in developing and maintaining professional networks addressing matters of scientific and technical interest in the U.S.
KUSCO's Major Activities
- Enhance scientific and technological development of both Korea and the U.S.
- Support mutual cooperation and initiate joint programs with U.S. and Korean scientific and engineering societies, academic universities, and other institutions
- Assess significant trends in scientific research and technological developments affecting Korea and the U.S.
- Assist young Korean-American and other scientists in developing and maintaining networks addressing matters of scientific and technical interest to the two countries
- Examine, assess and publicize scientific and technological developments in Korea and the U.S., particularly the especially collaborative efforts of scientists and engineers in the two countries